With this warranty certificate Apple agrees to satisfy any customer claims under consumer protection laws or regulations concerning hardware defects in materials and workmanship. The warranty terms and conditions correspond to the laws of the country where the product was purchased and are interpreted in accordance with these laws.
Apple, as defined below, warrants this Apple-branded hardware product against defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for a period of ONE (1) YEAR from the date of retail purchase by the original end-user purchaser ("Warranty Period"). If a hardware defect arises and a valid claim is received within the Warranty Period, at its option, Apple will either:
Apple may request that you replace defective parts with new or refurbished user-installable parts that Apple provides in fulfilment of its warranty obligation.
A replacement product or part, including a user-installable part that has been installed in accordance with instructions provided by Apple, assumes the remaining warranty of the original product or ninety (90) days from the date of replacement or repair, whichever provides longer coverage for you.
When a product or part is exchanged, any replacement item becomes your property and the replaced item becomes Apple’s property. Parts provided by Apple in fulfilment of its warranty obligation must be used in products for which warranty service is claimed. When a refund is given, the product for which the refund is provided must be returned to Apple and becomes Apple’s property.
1. Please access and review the online help resources referred to in the documentation accompanying this hardware product before requesting warranty service.
2. If the product is still not functioning properly after making use of these resources and you purchased it from either Lithuania, Latvia or Estonia, contact the representative of the shop where you bought it or Apple-authorised service providers (AASP) using the information provided in this warranty certificate or on our website. If you contact Apple by phone, you may be subject to other fees depending on your location. Upon calling, an Apple representative or AASP will help to determine whether your product requires service and, if it does, will inform you how Apple will provide it. You must provide assistance in any questions arising during the identification of the defect and follow Apple's warranty procedures.
3. If you seek service in Lithuania, Latvia or Estonia, Apple provides warranty service at the locations of Apple-authorised service providers (AASP) and only if (1) the warranty certificate and/or the original invoice or other proof of purchase with the date of purchase, invoice or receipt number, product price, information about the reseller and the product's serial number is submitted with the defective Apple product within the Warranty Period. (2) registration information in the method and extent you are able to provide it. By acquiring this warranty certificate and/or invoice or other proof of purchase, you confirm that you have read all of the information provided in this warranty certificate.
4. Service options, parts availability and response times will vary according to the country where service is requested. Service options are always subject to change. You may be responsible for shipping and handling charges if the product cannot be serviced in the country where the service is requested. If you seek service in a country that is not the country of purchase, you will comply with all applicable import and export laws and regulations and be responsible for all custom duties, V.A.T. and other associated taxes and charges. For international service, Apple may repair or replace products and parts with comparable products and parts that comply with local standards. In accordance with applicable law, Apple may require that you furnish proof of purchase details and/or comply with registration requirements before receiving warranty service. Please refer to the accompanying documentation for more details on this and other matters on obtaining warranty service.
6. If your product is capable of storing data, software programs or other information, you should make periodic backup copies of the data contained on the product’s hard drive or other storage media to protect your data and as a precaution against possible operational failures. Before you deliver your product for warranty service it is your responsibility to keep a separate backup copy of its contents and disable any security passwords. During warranty service it is possible that the contents of your product's storage media will be lost, replaced or altered. In such an event, Apple and its agents are not responsible for any loss of software programs, data or other information contained on the storage media or any other part of the product serviced. Following warranty service your product will be returned to you as it was configured when originally purchased, subject to applicable updates. You will be responsible for reinstalling all other software programs, data and information.
Recovery and re-installation of other software programs and user data are not covered under this warranty.
1. This Limited Warranty applies only to hardware products manufactured by or for Apple that can be identified by the "Apple" trademark, trade name, or logo affixed to them. The Limited Warranty does not apply to any non-Apple hardware products or any software, even if packaged or sold with Apple hardware. Manufacturers, suppliers or publishers, other than Apple, may provide their own warranties to the end user purchaser, but Apple, in so far as permitted by law, provides their products "as is". Software distributed by Apple with or without the Apple brand name (including, but not limited to system software) is not covered under this Limited Warranty. Refer to the licensing agreement accompanying the software for details of your rights with respect to its use.
2. Apple does not warrant that the operation of the product will be uninterrupted or error-free. Apple is not responsible for damage arising from failure to follow instructions relating to the product’s use.
3. This warranty does not apply:
4. To the extent permitted by law, this warranty and the remedies set forth above are exclusive and in lieu of all other warranties, remedies and conditions, whether oral or written, statutory, express or implied. As permitted by applicable law, Apple specifically disclaims any and all statutory or implied warranties, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and warranties against hidden or latent defects. If Apple cannot lawfully disclaim statutory or implied warranties, then to the extent permitted by law, all such warranties shall be limited in duration to the duration of this express warranty and to repair or replacement service as determined by Apple in its sole discretion. No Apple reseller, agent, or employee is authorised to make any modification, extension or addition to this warranty. If any term is held to be illegal or unenforceable, it shall be severed from this warranty and the legality or enforceability of the remaining terms shall not be affected.
5. Except as provided in this warranty and to the extent permitted by law, Apple is not responsible for direct, special, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any breach of warranty or condition, or under any other legal theory, including but not limited to loss of use, loss of revenue, loss of actual or anticipated profits (including loss of profits on contracts), loss of the use of money, loss of anticipated savings, loss of business, loss of opportunity, loss of goodwill, loss of reputation, loss of, damage to or corruption of data, or any indirect or consequential loss or damage howsoever caused including the replacement of equipment and property, any costs of recovering, programming or reproducing any program or data stored or used with Apple products and any failure to maintain the confidentiality of data stored on the product. The foregoing limitation shall not apply to death or personal injury claims or any statutory liability for intentional and gross negligent acts/or omissions. Apple disclaims any representation that it will be able to repair any Apple product under this warranty or replace the product without risk to or loss of programs or data stored on the Apple product.